Australian Alumni Mission
The Australian Alumni program unites and supports graduates of Australian universities and other Australian institutions of higher learning.
Backed by the resources of the Australian - Thai Chamber of Commerce with strong support from the Australian Embassy in Bangkok and working with university alumni related organisations in Thailand, Australian Alumni provides a platform for connecting the community of Australian graduates and recognising their personal and professional achievements.
The Australian Alumni program does not seek to compete with, duplicate, or replace any other alumni grouping. Rather, it provides an overlay for them to come together under a generic ‘alumni’ umbrella.
Australian Alumni Objectives
- We are the focal point in Thailand for alumni of Australian universities and other Australian institutions of higher learning;
- We unite and support graduates of Australian universities and other Australian institutions of higher learning;
- We build people to people links between Thailand and Australia, particularly in the areas of education and business;
- We provide opportunities for Australian alumni in Thailand to network with business and academic leaders;
- We facilitate the sharing of information between Australian alumni and assist them to develop like-minded contacts and friendships; and
- We promote the value and prestige of Australian education and encourage people to seek out an Australian education and to take an interest in Australia more broadly.
To meet the objectives set for the Australian Alumni program AustCham will:
- provide opportunities for Australian alumni in Thailand to network with business and academic leaders from both Thailand and Australia;
- facilitate sharing of information between Australian alumni as to how their Australian education and experience has helped with their professional development;
- assist alumni of Australian universities and other institutions of higher learning (particularly those recently returning to Thailand from Australia) to make like-minded contacts and friends; and
- promote the Australian Alumni program to key stakeholders with a view to co-opting them to participate in the Australian Alumni program.