Choice Foods Thailand Limited
Choice Foods Thailand Limited has been importing and distributing quality meat, vegetable and seafood products from Australia for over 48 years. They have a reputation for quality, service, value and integrity.
Their main distribution is to the Food Service and Retail market sectors.
For many years they also provided a service to individual customers via a Retail Shop at their Head Quarters in Bangkok, where you could purchase these products.
More recently, they expanded this outlet to include a top quality restaurant which is unique, whereby you could select the items you wanted from the shop and have them cooked in an open kitchen, right there, by an expert executive chef.
The Company are now further expanding their operations to prepare ‘ready-made meals’ with these ingredients, of the highest quality, in a specially designed new production kitchen, planned to open mid-2019.
This is a challenging position and we are looking for an Assistant Chef to join the existing team, to help drive this expansion.
Sous Chef Job Summary
We are looking to add a driven and motivated
sous chef to our kitchen. In this role, you will work directly under our head chef and will have a large amount of responsibility in our kitchen, including managing all other restaurant and production kitchen related staff and ensuring all prepared food meets quality standards.
Sous Chef Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage kitchen staff, including providing necessary direction and training
• Assist with the preparation and design of food and drink menus that maintain the standard of our ethos
• Make sure that all plates that leave the kitchen meet taste and design standards
• Ensure that the kitchen operates efficiently, effectively, and professionally, in accordance with our high quality standards
• Schedule employees to ensure that the kitchen is adequately staffed at all necessary times
• Take control to quickly resolve any issues or problems that arise in the kitchen
• Maintain kitchen inventory and order supplies
• Confirm compliance with all sanitation and health and safety standards
• Fill in for the Head chef when necessary
Sous Chef Requirements
• Knowledge of food preparation and existing health and safety standards
• Ability to effectively manage, direct, and lead a large team
• Strong communication abilities, with employees, vendors, and customers
• Problem solving capabilities and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
• Collaborative attitude with an emphasis on excellent customer service
• Time management strengths with the ability to multi-task
• Minimum of high school diploma. Candidates with culinary degrees will be given preference
• Solid understanding of cooking methods, ingredients, kitchen equipment, and related processes
• Proven track record of effectively leading and managing others
• Familiarity with best practices in the industry
The Job Description is attached and should you be interested to apply, please e-mail your CV to Mr. Bob Coombes, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Mr. Graham Wainwright, Planning Manager, email@example.com