Employment Opportunities at Macquarie University
Macquarie International, Thailand Country Coordinator
Macquarie University is renowned for excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching, a unique approach to learning, highly skilled graduates and first-class facilities. Located in Sydney, Australia in the heart of Australia’s largest high-technology precinct (Macquarie Park Innovation District), Macquarie benefits from an environment of outstanding research and innovation, as well as learning and teaching opportunities with some of the world’s leading organisations.
As a fully comprehensive university Macquarie is internationally recognised for excellence in teaching and research and ranked in the Top 1% of Universities globally. Macquarie is also known for its distinctive curriculum which incorporates national and international community engagement opportunities for all students, helping to build their communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
The University’s researchers, teachers and students are well supported by recent investments of more than $2 billion in facilities and infrastructure, which includes Australia’s most technologically advanced private hospital on a university campus.
Macquarie International (MI) comprises an experienced and diverse global team of professionals responsible for attracting quality international students and partners for Macquarie University. Connecting people and education through effective global recruitment activities, delivering a first-class experience while building quality global partnerships.
MI is responsible for the design and delivery (in partnership with Faculties and other internal stakeholders) of the university’s global engagement strategy. This encompasses partnership development and management with government, corporates and universities in addition to agent management and student recruitment activities.
The organisational unit is responsible for generating significant income from commencing and continuing students. As the international arm of the University, MI’s activities across the world must protect and enhance the reputation of the university, be student focussed and embody the highest professional and ethical standards.
Macquarie International Regional Teams are responsible for recruiting and admitting international students to the University as well as developing the overall internationalisation strategy of the University in the key markets they manage. This position works as part of a team of onshore and offshore based staff.
Position Description – Thailand Country Coordinator
▪ To assist with the coordination and development of activities associated with the Macquarie Mahidol Centre for International Education (MCIE) based at Mahidol University’s Salaya Campus. This involves building a close working relationship with the Mahidol University (MU) International Relations team, various MU faculties and MQ faculties and divisions. Duties in relation to MCIE will incorporate (but not be limited to) assisting to develop incoming and outgoing MQ/MU academic delegations (program development and on ground coordination) and facilitation of meetings and events. Under guidance from the relevant department assisting in the development of research collaboration, joint program, student mobility and other activities as required
▪ Report to and work closely with the Director, Southeast Asia (DSEA) and other University staff to achieve annual partnership and student recruitment targets for Thailand
▪ Agent relationship – service a portfolio of agents to enable them to confidently promote the University to prospective students by keeping them informed and motivated to achieve. The role requires regular monitoring of agent performance and working with the DSEA to develop and adhere to strategy
▪ Government relationship management – Through regular government engagement ensuring MQ is a preferred provider for all available government scholarship programs and capacity building/short training programs
▪ Institutional relationship management – manage and develop institutional partnerships that include (but not limited too) research, articulations, mobility and other academic collaboration
▪ Risk Management – to implement and contribute towards the University’s risk assessment guidelines to ensure the University attracts genuine students and also maintains its low risk rating under SSVF
▪ Event Management – to assist in the organisation and management of recruitment events that promote Macquarie to key stakeholders; including the MQ Open Day events, general information sessions and pre-departure events for students and parents
▪ Represent the University at partner events in a professional manner to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
▪ To work effectively with the MI Admissions team in Sydney to allow for a competitive turnaround time on offer letters
▪ To make professional and effective presentations to prospective students, their parents, partner institutions and agents on the value of studying in Australia and at Macquarie University
▪ To maintain a database of enquirers/prospects/students with offers and make direct contact with them (as per the communication protocols established for the territory assigned) at regular intervals to improve conversion rates from offer to acceptance
▪ To proactively seek out and keep up to date with Macquarie information on new courses, offerings, achievements and to ensure effective use of Macquarie University scholarships/discounts for coursework students
▪ Alumni engagement - To assist with developing a network of Macquarie alumni in Thailand with whom we maintain regular contact and invite to events when required
▪ Corporate engagement – to engage with and develop a network of local corporates with whom the university can engage with on training, research projects, internships etc.
▪ To travel extensively within Thailand and/or designated territory to achieve the above listed aims
▪ To carry out any other duties as directed by the DSEA
Fees & Bonus
A base salary, and a bonus on achieving targets, will be paid. Renumeration will be based on Thai corporate rates and determined by the level of experience the selected candidate brings to the role.
▪ Applicants for this role should have at least 4 years’ professional experience. Experience in the education industry with a working knowledge of the higher education system in both Thailand and Australia is preferred but not essential. Applicants with business development and/or client relationship experience are may be considered and are encouraged to apply
▪ Applicants must have a Bachelor degree (in any discipline) with strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Thai)
▪ Applicants must be located in Bangkok or agree to relocate to Bangkok for this role